31C3, keysigning party

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Thu Dec 11 13:22:28 CET 2014

On 11/12/14 11:39, Werner Koch wrote:
> Hi!

> I will be at the 31C3 at Hamburg from the 28th (late afternoon) to the
> 30th.  You may find me at the FSFE Assembly or ask there for my local
> communication parameters.

I intend to organise a keysigning party if no one else does. I did one at 29C3
as well. I did a pure Sassaman-Efficient process then. Now I'm considering a
mixed-mode party, basing on Sassaman-Efficient, but falling back to slips of
paper as produced by e.g. gpg-key2ps for people who brought those from home and
don't have access to a printer while at the congress. Oh, and there's this 2D
barcode keysigning thing as well, should look it up. It was demonstrated to me
at the keysigning at OHM2013.

I printed my own Sassaman-Efficient list at the hotel I was staying at[1].

Do any people have experience with paperless keysigning parties, using laptops,
tablets, mobile phones, that sort of stuff?

BTW, I will attend the whole congress (27 to 30), but I might sleep in some days.

Cheers,

Peter.

[1] I figured the odds that the hotel would modify my list rather low,
especially since we were the only participants staying at that hotel, so they
had probably never even heard of OpenPGP :).