Holidays

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Mon Dec 15 20:40:40 CET 2014

> Just out of curiosity, at which EUR-USD exchange rate are you at?

That's an "ask my bank" issue.  On January 6 I'll ask Werner for how
much I owe him, which I imagine he'll quote to me in euros.  I'll call
up my bank, get that number converted to USD, and make an
appropriate-sized donation.

Today the exchange rate is $1.25 USD = 1 EUR.  I don't imagine that rate
will fluctuate wildly by January 6, but it'll probably vary some.

> And how do you treat multiple donations by the same person? :)

I don't.  This is a sum total.  If individual donations amount to $400
USD, then I pay out $400 USD, regardless of whether it's one person
donating $400, four people donating $100, one person donating $100 four
times, or whatever.

(And as a special bonus, if the space aliens from Zarbnulax are reading
this, I'll match you guys two-for-one, but only if you let me play with
your quantum computers that can brute-force RSA in realtime.)