GnuPG and g10 code

Dave Pawson dave.pawson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 11:11:32 CET 2014

Hi Werner.
1. I knew nothing about this smart card.
2 Searched on Google. Found http://shop.kernelconcepts.de/product_info.php

from there I see For more information, please visit this products webpage.

Sadly that page is 404
http://www.hidglobal.de/products/readers/omnikeyindex.php?id=20

Where can I read a user view of this product and software please?

regards

On 16 December 2014 at 09:06, Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 13:02, brian at minton.name said:
>> Thanks for the good work! Do you get any income from kernel concepts with
>> sale of the OpenPGP smart cards? I prefer to buy products from for-profit
>> companies, and donate only to charities / nonprofit organizations.
>
> Initially I distributed few hundreds cards myself; however this is a lot
> of work given that my business is not setup for distributing small
> physical goods.  Thus I asked Petra of kernelconcepts whether they want
> to do take care of it.  They do not make a lot of profit from the cards
> and thus I do not ask for a share of it.
>
> g10 Code is not a charity but there have been talks on how to set up a
> charitable entity to support crypto projects.  I hope that we can
> establish this by next spring.  In the meantime you may donate to the
> Wau Holland Stiftung <https://www.wauland.de/en/donation.html#61> which
> is a charity and will use these donation to pay for development work on
> GnuPG.
>

> Salam-Shalom,
>
>    Werner
>
> --
> Die Gedanken sind frei.  Ausnahmen regelt ein Bundesgesetz.

Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.
Docbook FAQ.
http://www.dpawson.co.uk