Refreshing private key

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Thu Dec 18 20:30:34 CET 2014

> "primary subkey" doesn't make much sense.  I'm pretty sure Robert
> means "primary key".

Sorry, a little bit of inside baseball there [1].

tl;dr version -- Daniel's right.  Longer version follows.

At work I'm twiddling about with an OpenPGP parser and for various
reasons you really don't want me to get into, the class that defines
primary keys is a subclass of the class that defines subkeys.  It seems
backwards, but needs to be that way to preserve Liskov substitutability.

As a result, I wind up talking about "primary subkeys" because in my
head I'm talking about the PrimarySubkey class.  :)

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inside_baseball_%28metaphor%29