Unable to encrypt file with private/public key

Pete Stephenson pete at heypete.com
Fri Dec 19 15:41:19 CET 2014

On 12/19/2014 5:36 AM, Haritwal, Dhiraj wrote:
[snip]
> One more query, partner is saying they are unable to decrypt this
> file with my private key which they have trusted & asking to encrypt
> this file with my private key & their public key (already trusted on
> my server). when I am suing both the key identifier's, giving some
> syntax error. Kindly suggest how can I do this.

I think you mean that your partner is unable to decrypt the file with
your *public* (rather than your private) key, right?

If so, that's expected behavior: if you have encrypted a message to your
partner's public key, your partner needs to use their private key to
decrypt the message.

They can use your public key for verifying your signature on the
encrypted file.

Cheers!
-Pete