GPG on iOS 8 with extensions

Lorenzo Setale koalalorenzo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 10:07:52 CET 2014

Hello,
I am using GPG every day on my Mac, and I am really glad to see that is working super fine: I can send encrypted messages with sensible information with my friends and colleagues, without thinking about gmail reading its content to provide ads to me. Sadly I noticed that on iOS (as on the majority of the other OS available) there is no support for GPG/PGP, and the apps available are ugly.

Since the last release of iOS8 it is possible to execute “extensions” to provide some tools and extra feature of your app inside the entire OS. This means that developers are able to create an “extension” that could verify the signature or decrypt/encrypt an email, or a web page. Read more here: https://developer.apple.com/app-extensions/

I would like to know if there is anybody around the world that is working on this, so I can help instead of creating my own app.  I believe that gpgtools.org code and developers could contribute to this idea.

I am open to any feedback. I hope somebody is already working on this.
Thanks for your time.

Lorenzo Setale
CTO at MinBilDinBil.dk
http://who.is.lorenzo.setale.me/?