Different subkeys and the use of a SmartCard

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Dec 22 14:41:09 CET 2014

On Sun, 21 Dec 2014 01:26, beckus at beckus.eu said:

> Sorry for this second mail, but it does not work well. It signs on the
> commandline and everywhere, but using this configuration for mail clients, they
> just stop sending the whole signated message... Well, I hope there is a

If the mail clients are using gpgme they have no way to specify the use
of a specific subkey.

My tentative plan to change that and allow for a couple of other things
is a new interface to set flags on a gpgme_key_t object and also to
allow creation of such an object without the need for running a key
listing first.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner