making the X.509 infrastructure available for OpenPGP

Wed Feb 5 04:15:53 CET 2014

Am Di 04.02.2014, 21:05:10 schrieb Werner Koch:
> On Tue,  4 Feb 2014 17:09, dkg at fifthhorseman.net said:
> > I don't know of a formalized way to do the other mapping, but it
> > seems like it would be pretty straightforward to embed the full
> > X.509 certificate in a notation packet on a self-sig (presumably a
> > self-sig
> PGP does this.  IIRC, Hal Finney once posted the specs for this to the
> OpenPGP WG.

Wow. Does that mean that PGP can verify OpenPGP keys with X.509
certificates (in combination with a related OpenPGP certificate)? Or is
this just a "theoretical" feature?

Are there reasons (beside the obvious effort and work budget) for not
having implemented this in GnuPG?

Hauke
--
Crypto für alle: http://www.openpgp-schulungen.de/fuer/unterstuetzer/