Error "Need the secret key to do this" Encountered During adduid command in UNIX

Jim Ernst jernst at invacarecontractor.com
Mon Feb 10 20:28:11 CET 2014

Hi Daniel - thank you for the information... so using --export-secret-keys does the complete key, including both public and secret?  The key I had imported and then tried to use adduid on was created using just --export.  I could not use adduid on the new machine I had imported too;  sounds like using this --export-secret-keys would have solved the issue.  Is there any special syntax on the --import when importing a file that was exported using --export-secret-keys?

Thanks!!
Jim Ernst
jernst at invacarecontractor.com