Safe curves in gnupg?

Renato Martini - GMX renato.martini at gmx.com
Tue Feb 18 20:49:10 CET 2014

Em 18-02-2014 16:13, Werner Koch escreveu:
> On Tue, 18 Feb 2014 06:42, dkg at fifthhorseman.net said:
>
>> short version: it's under consideration and Werner has indicated active
>> work on it.   No released version of gnupg has support for it yet though.
> I am waiting for an RFC to specify some details but actually the code
> form Ed25519 is already in the repo (although currently not anymore
> working).  gpg will present a list of available ECC curves and I
> reserved the first position for Curve25519 et al.  I am no sure whether
> it will already be available in 2.1.0, though.
>
> Those who do not want the NIST curves may in any case use the Brainpool
> curves which are also supported and which supported by ECC for OpenPGP
> (rfc-6637).
>

> Shalom-Salam,
>
>     Werner

In Brazil will use probably the Brainpool curves too, for example to a
CA root the curve "brainpoolp512r1"  OID sets to "1 3 36 3 3 2 8 1 1
13". By the way, the Brainpool it is *not* supported yet in the OpenSSL
suite v.1.0.1x, but just in the new release 1.0.2 will be supported, we
can found it on the openssl project FTP site...

RMartini

--
Renato Martini
Brasilia (DF) - Brasil