How to do pinentry in same screen as gpg

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Fri Jan 3 20:29:50 CET 2014

I remember that post by Hauke. Let me quote my reply I wrote to this list back then:

On 11/12/13 10:43, Peter Lebbing wrote:
> On 11/12/13 08:38, Hauke Laging wrote:
>> I wonder why none of these commands (GETPIN, GETINFO, not even BYE) are
>> explained on
>> http://www.gnupg.org/documentation/manuals/gnupg/Agent-Protocol.html
>
> I suppose because that is the agent protocol description, not the pinentry
> protocol description. They're both Assuan protocols, but they're different
> protocols. I can get a description of the pinentry protocol simply by:
>
> $ info pinentry

True, it's not exactly the website :). I agree it would be good if the manual
were on the website, and I can't find it either, but let's wait for the new design.

Oh, btw, slight addition: BYE is not in the agent (or pinentry) protocol
description because it is a basic assuan command, so it's described at [1] or
"info assuan".

HTH,

Peter.

[1] http://www.gnupg.org/documentation/manuals/assuan/