USB key form-factor smart-card readers with pinpads?

Sam Kuper sam.kuper at uclmail.net
Sun Jan 5 05:19:07 CET 2014

On 05/01/2014, Sam Kuper <sam.kuper at uclmail.net> wrote:
> In group 2 above, the smallest reader I have found online which offers
> secure PIN entry is the ACR83.

Hm, I've now found several mailing list and forum discussions, etc,
that indicate the ACR83 is not compatible with OpenPGP cards. That's a
pity, as its stated dimensions suggest it's about a tenth the physical
volume of the next smallest smart card reader with PIN pad (at least,
of those that I've found online so far): the Identive SPR332 or
SPR532.

If anyone knows differently and is sure that the ACR83 has been made
to work with the OpnPGP cards, please say so. If not, then we might as
well ignore it for the rest of this thread.

Thanks again,

Sam