V3 key lookup

Nicholas Cole nicholas.cole at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 14:24:01 CET 2014

Dear list,

I've been implementing a local version of

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shaw-openpgp-hkp-00

for some experimenting.

I have a server working listening on local host and replying with the
correct formats to the defined requests.

Everything works fine with version 4 keys, but if gpg (version 1 or 2)
attempts to download a version 3 key, it simply exits with an error about
no valid data found.

The odd thing is that the request doesn't even show up in the server logs.
As far as I can tell, gpg doesn't even attempt the request.

What could be going wrong?  Is it that for some reason the v3 code doesn't
like a local host?

N.