old files decryption problem

Csabi csabi.hlw at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 16:56:39 CET 2014

Hi All!

I have some old files encrypted with (probably) the old PGP 2.6.x version.
I tried to decrypt it with GNUPG 1.4.14, but i unable to do it.
I use "gpg -v encryptedfile.pgp option to decrypt the file...

gpg: assuming IDEA encrypted data
Enter passphrase:
gpg: ring trust w/o key
gpg: [don't know] invalid packet (ctb=42)
gpg: WARNING: message was not integrit protected
gpg: packet(2) with unknown version 77

I remembered correctly the password which i used to encrypt the files.
If i write any different password then GNUPG shows me the following message:

gpg: assuming IDEA encrypted data
Enter passphrase:
gpg: packet(6) with unknown version 22
gpg: WARNING: message was not integrit protected
gpg: uncompressing failed: unknown compress algorithm

Are there any differences between this GNUPG version (with built-in IDEA
support) and the older GNUPG 1.4.x versions that use the "idea.dll" module?

Best regards, Csabi