GPGME trouble finding gpg executable.

chris chris.gilg at link-comm.com
Tue Jan 21 04:31:02 CET 2014

I have been attempting to use GPGME for a Qt app under Windows. I'm running
into issues with two applications that use the same code finding the gpg
executable.

I set the engine info in both t-engine-info.c( exists in gpgme test
directory ) and main.cpp ( exists in my Qt app directory ) applications using:

gpgme_set_engine_info(GPGME_PROTOCOL_OpenPGP,"c:\\gnupg\\gpg.exe",
"c:\\Users\\Chris\\AppData\\Roaming\\gnupg\\");
  gpgme_check_version (NULL);
  err = gpgme_get_engine_info (&info);
  printf(" version = %s \n", info->version );
  fail_if_err (err);

The test app "t-engine-info" prints out " version = 1.4.9 ".
My Qt app prints out " version = (null) ",

The qt application throws a "GPGME: Invalid crypto engine" error on:
  err = gpgme_engine_check_version (GPGME_PROTOCOL_OpenPGP);
  fail_if_err (err);

but the t-engine-info application does not.

Why cannot it not find the executable in the my qt application but it can
find the executable in the t-engine-info application? I've ran out of all
possible ideas, and I am not sure what else I can try.

Any tips or solutions would be great, as I really would like to use this in
my app.