Any way for two correspondents to set up gnupg within a few moments without having to become expert?

Michael Anders micha137 at gmx.de
Tue Jan 21 10:45:20 CET 2014

>> Any way for two correspondents to set up gnupg within a few moments
>> without having to become expert?
>>
>> The usual gnupg materials are very dense.
>
>Ask an "expert" to do the setup. After that usage is simple.

In my opinion public license software is about empowering people.
If you need an "expert" to install a software for you, the dependency on
a software vendor is replaced by the dependency on an "expert", which
might be even worse in some circumstances.
Experts should also see their role in empowering people.
Yes, there is a necessity to have good GUI based installers that don't
need an experts assistance to get things right (and eventually change
the insecure gpg defaults for that matter...)
gpg4win works just fine.(So does Truecrypt or Academic Signature if you
look at other crypto)

The users must invest some minutes in understanding what asymmetric
cryptography is about, however. That should be well within the scope of
people with normal intelligence.
Without that very basic understanding, using GnuPG(or other public key
crypto) would be reckless nonsense anyways. Becoming a console wizard
should definitely not be necessary.

Regards
   Michael Anders