How to verify a signed mail (silly question maybe, sorry ;)

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu Jul 3 19:52:24 CEST 2014

On Wednesday 02 July 2014 19:38:41 Linux DEBIAN wrote:
> Hello all,
>

>   now I use KMail post client where it's alla automatically checked
> but when I am on the webmail where the signing and verifying is not
> "built-in" supported and when I receive an e-mail with an attchement
> "signature.asc", how can I verify the signature, please ?

I think you've left out a few constraints. When you are on webmail, what
tools are available to you? It seems obvious to me, that Linux is not
available to you (because otherwise you'd most likely also have KMail
available). What else is not available to you? What is available to you?
Why do you only have webmail?

Regardless of your answers to those questions, my suggestion is to
switch to a webmail solution with built-in support for OpenPGP/MIME.
Alternatively, if you do not want to make a complete switch, then still
create an account at a webmail provider that does support OpenPGP/MIME
and then forward signed messages for verification to this webmail
solution.

Regards,
Ingo