using different encryption key in evolution

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Mon Jul 14 03:26:00 CEST 2014

On 07/10/2014 12:44 PM, Richard Ulrich wrote:
> I realize, this question is more related to evolution than gpg directly,
> but people here might know better than in an evolution mailing list
> (which I'm not subscribed anyway).
>
> Suppose a company has a mail address that is distributed among a group
> of employees. E.g. if I send a mail to sales at compa.ny that mail is
> forwarded to alice at compa.ny and bob at compa.ny.
>
> Now I want to send an encrypted mail to sales at compa.ny, but there is no
> gpg key to that address. Instead I find keys for some people that will
> finally get the mail.

If you know you have keys for all the recipients of the sales@ list, you
can create a group in your gpg.conf file which contains the key Ids. You
may have to experiment with the group "name" to get the interface
between evolution and gnupg to recognize the group name as an e-mail
address. For example:

group sales at company.ny = key1 key2 ...
group <sales at company.ny> = key1 key2 ...

etc.