Different passwords for subkeys

Fri Jul 18 01:09:15 CEST 2014

Am Do 17.07.2014, 23:39:53 schrieb MFPA:

> > in short: use gpgsplit to split the key, then import
> > one part, set passphrase A, export it (encrypted with
> > A), delete it, then import the other part, set
> > passphrase B.
>
> Do you actually need gpgsplit to achieve this? I thought you could
> achieve the same thing by using GnuPG's export-secret-subkeys command.

That doesn't help as you don't have to export secret keys but have to
import them.

For some reason it is not possible (with 1.4.x and 2.0.x) to import
secret components for a key which is already part of the secret keyring.
Thus you have to

a) either change the passphrase of single components within the secret
keyring (which GnuPG doesn't support)

b) or import a secret key file which already contains components with
different passphrases.

Hauke
--
Crypto für alle: http://www.openpgp-schulungen.de/fuer/unterstuetzer/