symmetric email encryption

Fri Jul 18 19:21:05 CEST 2014

Am Fr 18.07.2014, 09:46:14 schrieb Doug Barton:
> Hauke,
>
> I think you skated past a previous question about your idea, and I'm
> also interested in the answer so I'll ask it again. :)
>
> If you have a secure channel of communication by which you can
> exchange the symmetric password (which you would need to make your
> scheme work), why don't you use that channel for communication,
> rather than e-mail?

If I have understood everything right then this is not the same
question.

But I am really surprised that you ask why you should communicate via
email with someone "though" you e.g. meet him once per month. Or with
someone whom you could call instead. Is that really your question?

Symmetric keys and fingerprints have to be exchanged through a secure
channel only once.

Hauke
--
Crypto für alle: http://www.openpgp-schulungen.de/fuer/unterstuetzer/