mailto with pgp fingerprint

steve steve at gpgtools.org
Wed Jul 23 22:02:23 CEST 2014

Wouldn’t it be a nice solution, if key server software had a mechanism for users to verify their UserID by sending a mail to the mail address in question.

Those verified keys then could be prioritized over the not verified keys when a search is done. Could still be faked, but would make faking a lot harder.

I assume this has already been discussed on some key server devel list? But have not followed that discussion, so I’m not aware.

All the best,
steve