CRC error

david at gbenet.com david at gbenet.com
Mon Jul 28 07:35:44 CEST 2014

On 27/07/14 23:51, pedro.markov at ml1.net wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm a new user to the GPG world, and i haven't find information about the "CRC" error when
> importing a key.
>
> What does CRC means?
>
> When importing a corrupted key the following message apears:
>
> gpg: CRC error; 9BAD9F - 00F1D7
> gpg: read_block: read error: invalid keyring
> gpg: import from `key' failed: invalid keyring
> gpg: Total number processed: 0
>
> I would like to know what does 9BAD9F - 00F1D7 means. Is is possible to fix a corrupted key?
> Is is possible to know wich line of a corrupted key is wrong?
>
> Thanks!!

Hello Pedro,

CRC = Cyclic redundancy check ie the detection of accidental or deliberate changes to raw
data. I think you first line of crc error refers to colour (red) did you try and import some
one's key? did you try updating your keyring?

David

--
“See the sanity of the man! No gods, no angels, no demons, no body. Nothing of the
kind.Stern, sane,every brain-cell perfect and complete even at the moment of death. No