crypto code of conduct ("Crypto-Knigge")

Tue Jul 29 21:35:57 CEST 2014

Hello,

I would like to abuse this list for something IMHO important though
slightly off-topic...

I think we (and "we" is "the Internet users" not just "those who write
on gnupg-users"...) are missing a culture of secured communication
(which can mean encrypted, signed or anonymous or a combination of that)
and that an accpeted (by "those who write on gnupg-users" ;-) ) code of
conduct (my German term: "Crypto-Knigge") would be quite useful to get
there (or at least nearer).

I am not talking about technical recommendations but about
"organizational" (behaviour / attitude) recommendations. It's not the
reason for the selection but I assume that it's easier to get a
concensus in that area... :-)

I have written a draft for that. And now it's getting even more off-
topic: It's in German; thus this mainly addresses the Gerrman speaking
(i.e. understanding) people on this list who might be interested in
contributing:

http://www.crypto-fuer-alle.de/crypto-knigge/

https://translate.google.de/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.crypto-fuer-alle.de%2Fcrypto-knigge%2F&edit-text=

The idea is not OpenPGP- / GnuPG-specific but for obvious reasons my
view is...

But if there is enough interest from people who don't understand German
then I would try to make a good translation.

I wrote it in German because (a) most of my crypto-related articles are
an German and (b) something big (compared to former crypto stuff
affecting the general public) is going to happen in Germany later this
year which could help a lot to make this more common.

Hauke
--
Crypto für alle: http://www.openpgp-schulungen.de/fuer/unterstuetzer/
http://userbase.kde.org/Concepts/OpenPGP_Help_Spread