crypto code of conduct ("Crypto-Knigge")

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Jul 31 10:38:50 CEST 2014

On Tuesday 29 July 2014 at 21:35:57, Hauke Laging wrote:
> I have written a draft for that. And now it's getting even more off-
> topic: It's in German; thus this mainly addresses the Gerrman speaking
> (i.e. understanding) people on this list who might be interested in
> contributing:
>
> http://www.crypto-fuer-alle.de/crypto-knigge/

for German speaking discussions about GnuPG usage and related topics.

From my point of view you are missing to discuss the problem that
most people and companies are not willing to invest resources (time, money)
in more IT security. If all users of GnuPG and Ggp4win gave us one Euro a
year, this would a real funding. The products are still too hard to use, but
there is not enough economic incentive to change this. It will need funding
because it really is hard work.

Your draft already recommends a lot from possible users, I doubt that this is
a good way to bring the masses to crypto. It seems to make life more
difficult for those that at least try something.

> (b) something big (compared to former crypto stuff
> affecting the general public) is going to happen in Germany later this
> year which could help a lot to make this more common.

Okay, a mysterious cliff-hanger. What do you know that we don't?

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner