New user needs some help

Kristian Fiskerstrand kristian.fiskerstrand at sumptuouscapital.com
Fri Jun 6 00:24:09 CEST 2014

On 06/06/2014 12:09 AM, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Thu,  5 Jun 2014 20:09, holtzm at cox.net said:
>> On Thu, Jun 05, 2014 at 03:26:16AM -0400, Cpp wrote:
>>> Dear GnuPG users,
>>>
>>> As part of the ResetTheNet campaign I decided to start using
>>> email encryption. I am a relatively new user of gpg, who is
>>> looking forward to using it for secure communication.
>>
>> This is not a critism, but with who do you plan on communicating
>>  using encryption? Absolutely no one I know uses it or is
>> remotely
>
> Well, with 80000 new keys in the last 7 days there is at least some
> hope to find someone to send send encrypted messages.
>
> Kristian: Is spike at the right side of the charts at
> https://sks-keyservers.net/status/key_development.php a bug?

Its not a bug in the crawler software, however the spike occurred in
[0] that reports to be 73,350 keys ahead of the rest of the pool, so
I'm trying to get a confirmation from the operator what it is about. I
expect it is an issue with that server (running Hockeypuck) but won't
remove the data unless I get a confirmation. It would just be re-added
on next key count check, so if it is an error it will have to be
fixed, or I will have to put the server in the global exclude list.
And if it is not in error, we need to get the keys distributed out to
there rest of the pool.