[Announce] A new Beta of GnuPG 2.1 is now available

Nicholas Cole nicholas.cole at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 10:13:23 CEST 2014

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 4:55 PM, Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I just released the fourth *beta version* of GnuPG 2.1.  It has been
> released to give you the opportunity to check out new features and
> a new beta was due anyway after 30 months.

Dear Werner,

Congratulations on this.

I just wonder if anyone would have time to put together a HOW-TO for
people building GnuPG 2.1 and all of its associated libraries from
source.  For those of us who don't do this often, this is currently a
rather frustrating process, and a mini-how-to explaining what all the
pieces are and which order to build them would be really welcome.

Best wishes,

N.