mascot_p

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Tue Jun 17 22:00:32 CEST 2014

On 06/17/2014 09:24 AM, Johannes Zarl wrote:
> A project mascot is certainly a great idea.

Can I take a curmudgeonly view here, and ask why? On one hand that
question is "Should we do it at all?" and on the other hand it's a
question of, "If we're going to do it, what purpose would be trying to
achieve?"

The latter question helps inform the discussion about what kind of
mascot would be the best choice, if we decide to do it at all.

I'm aware of the whole "unite the community" and other aspects involved
in having a mascot, but I wonder how much more united the community
could be. :)

Doug