card reader (was: riseup.net OpenPGP Best Practices article)

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat Jun 28 10:18:48 CEST 2014

On Fri, 27 Jun 2014 21:44, dshaw at jabberwocky.com said:

> I do admire the Neo form factor though.

The SCT3512 [1] with an OpenPGP card is also quite convenient:

  http://werner.eifzilla.de/sct3512.jpg

I have taken off the ID-000 form factor card for the picture.  The label
is also non-standard but easy to apply.  I have that reader in daily use
for about a year now.  kernelconcepts distributes pre-punched cards but
it is also possible to cut an ID-000 out off a regular sized card.
Price for the reader w/o card is in the 20 Euro range.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

[1] http://www.identive-infrastructure.com/pdf/usa/SCT3512-dat-en.pdf