New to OpenPGP getting frustrated.

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Sat Jun 28 22:44:49 CEST 2014

On 06/28/2014 12:09 AM, Aaron Chelf wrote:
> Okay so I'm using Open PGP software in conjunction with Thunderbird in
> Linux.  I've figured out about everything except the only way I can add
> public keys to my key ring so far is to save them as an attachment from
> an e-mail sent to me.
> How can I just copy a public key to my clipboard and add it to my key-ring?

There is an enigmail-users mailing list, this message should have gone
there instead, for future reference.

The answer to your question is to click the "Decrypt" button. It's
understandable that you missed it since this usage is not exactly
obvious, but it will allow you to add the key to your keyring directly
without having to save the file first.

hope this helps,

Doug