Size of client key jumped from 2KB to 25KB

Pete Stephenson pete at heypete.com
Mon Mar 10 17:18:58 CET 2014

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 4:36 PM, Steve Strobel
<steve.strobel at link-comm.com> wrote:
> When we export the public key with a command like "gpg --output
> client-key.gpg --export -a ID49C207DF", is there a way to do so without the
> signatures?  We send that key to the server so it can be used to encrypt
> data for the client, but we don't really need to transfer any information
> about how trusted the client is.  Does that make sense?  Now that I think
> about it, the client key shouldn't have any signatures at all;  there is
> nothing else in the system to attest to them.  I posted the complete
> --list-packets (and --list-keys) output at the URLs below in case it is
> helpful:

Adding "--export-options export-minimal" should do the trick.

That is, "gpg --output client-key.gpg --export --export-options
export-minimal  -a ID49C207DF".

See http://www.gnupg.org/documentation/manuals/gnupg-devel/GPG-Input-and-Output.html
for details.

Cheers!