Configure Errors

Sam Tanner samctanner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 21:05:38 CET 2014

Hi,
I'm hoping you might be able to provide some insight into whats going on...

I'm still quite new to th whole using the terminal in Lubuntu, so this
might even be a total noob question.

when i try the ./configure command, after it runs through, i get the error
message:

"configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH"

I downloaded th package from a uk mirror for gnugp, have tried witha couple
of them now and still get the same error.

am i possibly missing something on my OS?

many thanks

sam