UI terminology for calculated validities

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Sat May 3 22:15:13 CEST 2014

On 05/03/2014 02:56 PM, William Hay wrote:
> Once you start doing things publicly one would need to pick a
> certification level in order to inter-operate with the existing WoT.
> It isn't clear to me that there is a good default.

There is a good default for certifying someone else's key. the default
is "generic certification" (signature type 0x10), which is the same as
the "I will not answer. (default)" selection in the "gpg
--ask-cert-level" interface.  In my keyring of a little over 2000 keys,
the overwhelming majority of all User ID certifications that aren't
self-sigs use this signature type.

This default interoperates just fine with the existing WoT.

	--dkg