Newbie Q, simple shared-use single-address email workflow with pgp key (small company or small # of people in a group)

sngh subscribernamegoeshere+201207 at gmail.com
Mon May 5 15:28:13 CEST 2014

Newbie Q, simple shared-use single-address email workflow with pgp key
(small company or small # of people in a group)

Good day pgp/gnupg participants. I am looking for answers to maybe a common
setup of email on a single email address, residing on a single but shared
machine (windows), that is being operated by a smallish group of multiple
people (e.g. small group, foundation, company, business), that needs to do
secured emails to and from the outside world (e.g. mailing privacy sentivie
emails, documents).

Was thinking about using Thunderbird on Windows with GnuPG extension for it
(enigmail).
How would I create the private key and key-ring, also to protect it
somewhat from being spread to the outside by mostly unknowing mis-use of
the windows machine or by accident of the non-tech savvy users of that
machine and so on? Basic task is that the single email address needs to be
able to send and receive encrypted emails. As most of the world out there
are familiar with emails and email addresses, using a pgp public key with
the currently still low number of other email partners of this address
would be a way to master this task?

Any hints on securing or handling the private key (keyring) and other hints
to this setup and scenario? Omitting the passphrase alltogether? Any way of
making it easy for the windows machine's users to not mess too much with
the pgp level of things there? Can the enigmail layer be simplified to
really easy levels as to simple buttons if to encrypt or not to encrypt the
email and similar? I guess there is no simple solution in dealing with all
those public keys of the remote senders and recipients though.

Thanks for some hints and experience.