gnupg smartcard on boot for LUKS on sid debian howto ?

tux.tsndcb at free.fr tux.tsndcb at free.fr
Sun May 18 18:51:34 CEST 2014

Hi Peter,

My first return on jessie, on boot ask me PIN to decrypt but failed, but it is normal, here messages :

Performing GPG key decryption
Enter Smartcard PIN or passphrase for key /etc/keys/cryptkey.gpg
gpg pcsc_establish_context failed : no service (0x8010001d)
gpgh card reader not available

But it's normal because I use PINPAD reader and I can only use gnupg_ccid driver so pcscd is not installed on my PC.

I need to check to use gnupg_ccid instead pcsc on your script

Best Regards