Help needed to setup Passphrase with GNUPG 2.0.26 on Solaris 10

SubramaniaRao, ravikumar ravikumar.SubramaniaRao at netapp.com
Wed Nov 5 22:13:52 CET 2014

Koch,

Thank you fir your Help. Yes we are using putty only. Not any Graphical. But it complains that

You need a Passphrase to protect your secret key.

gpg-agent[7931]: can't connect to the PIN entry module: IPC connect call failed
gpg-agent[7931]: command get_passphrase failed: No pinentry
gpg: problem with the agent: No pinentry
gpg: Key generation canceled.

 We do not know why it gives this error when QTPinentry is not required.

Cheers,
S. Ravi Kumar