What's new in 2.1 FAQ: Corrections, suggestions

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Thu Nov 6 15:56:18 CET 2014

Hello Werner and list,

While reading that FAQ top to bottom, I encountered some typo's which I
fixed. I'm only used to git in a non-distributed fashion, so I'm not
accustomed to it's patch submission features and simply attach a
git-generated diff against 0968808. I hope that suffises.

And perhaps this needs clarification:

> The fingerprint may also be given without the spaces in which case
> there is no need for the quotes. If you want to sign only certain
> user ids of a key, list those user id verbatim after the
> fingerprint.

When I read this, I think, do I need this:

$ gpg2 --quick-sign-key '15CB 723E 2000 A1A8 2505  F3B7 CC00 B501 BD19
AC1C Daniel Ellsberg <ellsberg at example.org>'

Or do I need this:

$ gpg2 --quick-sign-key '15CB 723E 2000 A1A8 2505  F3B7 CC00 B501 BD19
AC1C' 'Daniel Ellsberg <ellsberg at example.org>'

In other words, is it one argument or two arguments? I'd be inclined to
the latter when thinking how I would design this, but I'm inclined to
the former by the phrasing "after the fingerprint". An example would
remove ambiguity.

HTH,

Peter.