GPG 2.1.0/Win32: keyserver lookup problems

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Nov 6 17:34:47 CET 2014

On Thu,  6 Nov 2014 17:17, dkg at fifthhorseman.net said:

> have you converted your keyring to pubring.kbx and moved away the old
> pubring.gpg?

That was not the problem.  I think the real problem was that the code to
check whether a secret key exists parsed the entire rest of the keyring
to find matching subkeys.  I fixed this a few days ago.

I don't know why on windows it is that slow - but good catch by Rob.  As
I said I have not tested the installer very well - in particular not with
a large keyring.  On Unix I do not see that problem.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner