[Announce] GnuPG 2.1.0 "modern" released

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Nov 7 10:26:33 CET 2014

On Thu,  6 Nov 2014 20:58, rjh at sixdemonbag.org said:

> Is there any guidance as to how to install this on Fedora 20?  gnupg2 is

Does the method I proposed on wiki.gnupg.org work for you?  that is
installing it in the HOME directory with PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH set
accordingly?

> The timing of GnuPG 2.1 is a little unfortunate: we're already past the
> beta freeze and final freeze is coming up in just a few days.  It's

Dame as with Debian.  However the Debian folks are still working on
installing 2.0 by default.

> shift from 2.0 to 2.1 outside of a major release, meaning Fedora users
> will be left using 2.0 for six months or so.

Well, that is early when thinking in Debian time spans ;-)

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner