[Announce] GnuPG 2.1.0 "modern" released

MFPA 2014-667rhzu3dc-lists-groups at riseup.net
Mon Nov 10 00:57:16 CET 2014

Hi

On Thursday 6 November 2014 at 9:01:51 AM, in
<mid:87ioisn1mo.fsf at vigenere.g10code.de>, Werner Koch wrote:

> This is an experimental installer for Windows including
> GPA as graphical key manager and GpgEX as an Explorer
> extension.  Please de-install an already installed
> Gpg4win version before trying this installer.  This
> binary version has not been tested very well, thus it
> is likely that you will run into problems.

The issue I have encountered (on Windows XP) is not being able to add
a Curve 25519 encryption subkey. The option is available, but fails:-

   Your selection? 12
   Please select which elliptic curve you want:
      (1) Curve 25519
      (2) NIST P-256
      (3) NIST P-384
      (4) NIST P-521
      (5) Brainpool P-256
      (6) Brainpool P-384
      (7) Brainpool P-512
   Your selection? 1
   gpg: WARNING: Curve25519 is not yet part of the OpenPGP standard.
   Use this curve anyway? (y/N) y
   Please specify how long the key should be valid.
         0 = key does not expire
      <n>  = key expires in n days
      <n>w = key expires in n weeks
      <n>m = key expires in n months
      <n>y = key expires in n years
   Key is valid for? (0)
   Key does not expire at all
   Is this correct? (y/N) y
   Really create? (y/N) y
   We need to generate a lot of random bytes. It is a good idea to perform
   some other action (type on the keyboard, move the mouse, utilize the
   disks) during the prime generation; this gives the random number
   generator a better chance to gain enough entropy.
   gpg: agent_genkey failed: Unknown elliptic curve
   gpg: Key generation failed: Unknown elliptic curve

- --
Best regards

MFPA                    mailto:2014-667rhzu3dc-lists-groups at riseup.net

The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse.