ECDSA vs EDDSA

Nicholas Cole nicholas.cole at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 12:53:58 CET 2014

In the new gpg2 --version lists both ECDSA and EDDSA as supported
algorithms, but that doesn't seem to correspond to options in the
--expert --full-gen-key command.  I presume that --full-gen-key
creates an ECDSA by default.  Is that right?

Perhaps someone who knows about EC could write an FAQ on the wiki for
those of us who are confused by all the new options?

Yes, I know that for ordinary use we should all just use the defaults,
but I'd still like to know what is going on, for interest's sake.

N.