GnuPG 2.1 and Mailpile (LWN comments) about GPGME

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Nov 13 10:08:45 CET 2014

On Wednesday 12 November 2014 at 21:55:10, Nicholas Cole wrote:
>  The --with-colons
> --command-fd --status-fd interface has been remarkably stable.

True, Werner went a long way to keep it stable.

> The stability and utility of this interface is one of my favourite
> aspects of the gnupg project, and I really admire Werner for his work
> here.

Still it is a bit of a pain to keep it this way and a better interface is
called for anyway, because this has limitations to build good interface.
This is whey we have gpgme for more than 10 years, Werner also did a very good
job there.  Gpgme needs to get more popular, probably improved along the way,
but it also would help to make the crypto-experience with GnuPG a lot better
for developers and users alike.

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner