GnuPG 2.1 and Mailpile (LWN comments) about GPGME

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Nov 13 14:54:46 CET 2014

On Thursday 13 November 2014 at 11:54:57, Werner Koch wrote:
> A good step forwad would be the integration of lnaguage bindings into
> the gpgme package.  That should make it easier to use it from languages
> other than C, C++ (, and CL).

Because of possible dependencies, they should end up in different Debian
packages. You are talking the source package I guess?

http://wiki.gnupg.org/APIs starts to have an overview about language bindings,
help appreciated to complete and maintain the list and possible links
to tutorials.

> However, someone needs to feel reponsible
> for such a language binding and try to keep it up to date.

Pyme has a debian package. pygpgme has an Ubuntu package.
And there are more.

Mostly we need more packagers. :)

Bernhard

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner