GnuPG 2.1.0 Merging secret key

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Nov 14 08:58:45 CET 2014

On Thu, 13 Nov 2014 21:00, Mustrum at Mustrum.net said:

> I'm wondering : what is the planned usage for that feature ?

--try-secret-keys is used to specify keys to be used in addition to the
default secret key when it comes to decrypt messages with anonymous
recipients.

I have often the case that I receive a messages encrypted to a bunch of
keys where many of them use an anonymous recipient (e.g. for private
backup keys).  By using this option I can define which of my secret keys
are to be used for trial decryption.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner