Why the software is crap

Johan Wevers johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 14 14:31:40 CET 2014

On 14-11-2014 13:24, david at gbenet.com wrote:

> I have cooled. You can export your private key - you can export your public key.

I've never done that, except when I imported my old pgp 2.x keys in
GnuPG a long time ago (sometime when GnuPG became really usable on
windows, with 1.0.4 or so). Exporting and  re-importing keys can often
lead to warnings about thrust issues.

I just copied pubring.gpg, secring.gpg, trustdb.gpg and gpg.conf. The
last one sometimes required manual editing, especially in the time when
IDEA and RSA were loadable modules, but that's long over.

Sometimes the owner/group and properties need to be set but my
experience is that GnuPG complains clearly when you do that wrong
(importing a key while pubring is not writable will fail of course).

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers