Error message "Ohhhh jeeee: ... this is a bug"

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Nov 17 12:32:45 CET 2014

On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 20:45, 2014-667rhzu3dc-lists-groups at riseup.net said:

> I just got the following error messages from Gnupg 2.1 and Windows
> XP:-

That does not look like a Windows specific problem.  However, I can't
replicate it.

>    gpg --no-options --no-default-keyring --import "C:\Documents and
>    Settings\Administrator\Application Data\GnuPG\secring.gpg"

Using --no-default-keyring is superfluous if you do not specify another
keyring.  gpg will in this case use teh default keyring anyway.

> I have tried the command again and got the same error message. Then I
> ran it again with --debug-all; I can forward the output but will
> not post itin the clear to the list.

--full-debug may reveal your secret key - do not send it.

Can you produce a test case using sample keys?

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner