Encryption on Mailing lists sensless? (was: Re: GPG API: Open Crypto Engine)

Matthias Mansfeld m.mansfeld at mansfeld-elektronik.de
Mon Nov 17 17:10:16 CET 2014

Zitat von Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org>:

> On Mon, 17 Nov 2014 13:33, nan at goodcrypto.com said:
>
>> GoodCrypto warning: Anyone could have read this message. Use
>> encryption, it works.
>
> That does not make any sense on a public mailling list.  We write here
> for the public - it is non-encrypted for a purpose.
>
> scnr,

... Er, this is Nan's Signature for everything. Maybe he shoud ad the
usual -- above.

But sorry, I disagree a little bit. If we want literally to jam the
secret service's attempts to decrypt mails, then it makes sense to use
encryption for every single mail, private, business, nonsense and
spam....

Technical reasons, NOT to encrypt on a list server are another disussion.

Best regards
Matthias
--
Matthias Mansfeld Elektronik * Leiterplattenlayout
Neithardtstr. 3, 85540 Haar; Tel.: 089/4620 093-7, Fax: -8