Encryption on Mailing lists sensless?

Matthias Mansfeld m.mansfeld at mansfeld-elektronik.de
Tue Nov 18 20:07:38 CET 2014

Zitat von "Mark H. Wood" <mwood at iupui.edu>:

[...]
> This raises an interesting point.  If I bequeath my collected letters
> to someone, how do I arrange the transmission of the necessary
> passphrases as well?  I wonder if the lawyer who draws up my will
> would even understand the question.

If we want to leave our stuff to the archeologists, we can store our
own mails unencrypted. So do I (just because it is easier for me AND
because I can keep my computers - hopefully - safe with other measures).

If we want to jam the sniffers from the secret services,(I wrote about
this motivastion in the very beginning of this discussion!) then it is
totally enough just to encrypt the mails end to end on their way.

Regards
Matthias
--
Matthias Mansfeld Elektronik * Leiterplattenlayout
Neithardtstr. 3, 85540 Haar; Tel.: 089/4620 093-7, Fax: -8