Encryption on Mailing lists sensless?

Garreau, Alexandre galex-713 at galex-713.eu
Tue Nov 18 20:09:01 CET 2014

>> ClawsMail, Thunderbird, etc.
>
> People usually don't want to change mail clients.  Most have no idea
> how to configure crypto or manage keys.

They’re just the default and almost more used MUA. If you exclude
proprietary software and SaaSS (webmail). But asking for privacy using
proprietary services is a fallacy.

I mean, you can’t say “PGP/GNUnet/other-crypto-implementation is useless
to protect users, they use webmails” and say we fix the problem
wrong. Because there is *no way* they can get true privacy with only a
webmail. It would be ridiculous. When I said “deserve”, I said that you
can’t expect freedom when you’re putting on you your strings yourself.

PS: sorry for the two mails, I got confused.