Encryption on Mailing lists sensless?

MichaelQuigley at TheWay.Org MichaelQuigley at TheWay.Org
Wed Nov 19 20:50:32 CET 2014

"Gnupg-users" <gnupg-users-bounces at gnupg.org> wrote on 11/19/2014 02:30:40
PM:
> ----- Message from "Robert J. Hansen" <rjh at sixdemonbag.org> on Wed,
> 19 Nov 2014 12:08:42 -0500 -----

> Nan <nan at goodcrypto.com>, gnupg-users at gnupg.org

> Re: Encryption on Mailing lists sensless?

          .          .          .
          .          .          .
          .          .          .
> Anyway.  I'm finished here.  I think there's now enough of a record
> associated with this that when people thinking of dropping $5K on
> GoodCrypto do a Google search for it, they'll find my objections.
          .          .          .
          .          .          .

Which of course would not be possible if the public mailing list was all
encrypted.

I can't count how many times I find relevant and information that helps
with the task on which I'm working by using a search engine. At times, the
helpful results are from mailing lists I've never heard of much less
subscribed to. Other times the information is on a mailing list I'm
familiar with, but don't have the time to follow on a regular basis. I get
too much in my inbox as it is. But be able to find the information from a
general search engine can be of immense aid.