Funding for GpgOL (Gpg4win/GnuPG)?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Nov 27 09:20:29 CET 2014

On Monday 24 November 2014 at 15:03:51, Jerry wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 14:12:48 +0100, Werner Koch stated:
> > To be fair, that changed with Outlook 2010.  We merely had not the
> > resources to change GpgOL to make use of the new Outlook structure.
>
> Interesting; has there been any movement on that front? I use Outlook 2013
> at my office and that would be a handy feature to have.

This would be best asked on
https://lists.wald.intevation.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/gpg4win-users-en

The answer is: no - the situation is similiar to earlier reports.
GnuPG and Gpg4win development needs serious funding to be able to larger
necessary steps like an overhaul of the user interface or an PGP/MIME GpgOL.

There are some ideas to try to get some funding for GnuPG, which Werner can
best report on. He improved his system for volunteer payment (some call it
donations) for instance.

In Germany there were some political statements aming to support funding GnuPG
or Gpg4win, but no tangible plans that g10code or Intevation have been
approached with.

Right now our best and most reliable source of funding is single "donations".
Though they can only support Gpg4win/GnuPG development on a very low level,
we are very grateful for each single one. Thanks!

Best,
Bernhard
ps.: Flattr Gpg4win at https://flattr.com/thing/2053326,
     if you appreciate this answer and my work as part of the Gpg4win team.

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner